(If you are a US resident)
1. What information do we collect?
We collect information when you create an account and use the Platform, such as your contact details, content you create. We also collect information you share with us from third-party social network providers, and technical and behavioral information about your use of the Platform. We also collect information contained in the messages you send through our Platform.
Information you choose to provide
For certain activities, such as when you register, upload content to the Platform, or contact us directly, you may provide some or all of the following information:
- Registration information, such as language, and phone number (only if you register with your phone number)
- Profile information, such as name, social media account information, and profile image
- Payment information, such as Apple and Google In-App-Purchase or other third-party payment information (where required for the purpose of payment)
- Your opt-in choices and communication preferences
- Information in correspondence you send to us
- Information you share through surveys or your participation in challenges, sweepstakes.
Information we obtain from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you choose to link or sign up using your social network (such as Facebook, Twitter), we may collect information from these third-party services, including your contact lists for these services and information relating to your use of the Platform in relation to these services.
We will also receive information about you (including age data and demographic information) from third parties (such as advertising networks and analytics providers) and from other sources, including business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources.
Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Platform, including your IP address, unique device identifiers, Cookies (as defined below), your mobile carrier, and mobile or device information including the model of your device, operating system, app and file names and types, and platform.
We collect information regarding your use of the Platform and any other User Content that you generate through and broadcast on our Platform.
We collect and process, which includes scanning and analyzing, information you provide in the context of composing, sending, or receiving messages through our Service’s messaging functionality. That information includes the content of the message and information about when the message has been sent, received and/or read, as well as the participants of the communication. Please be aware that messages sent to other users of our Service will be accessible by those users and that we are not responsible for the manner in which those users use or disclose messages.
When you upload User Content, you automatically upload certain metadata that is connected to the User Content. Metadata describes other data and provides information about your User Content that will not always be evident to the viewer. In connection with your User Content the metadata can describe how, when, and by whom the piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. It also includes information, such as your account name or user ID number, that enables other users to trace back the content to your user account. Additionally, metadata will consist of data that you chose to provide with the content, e.g. any hashtags used to mark keywords to the content and captions.
Buy Golds / Diamonds / Subscription Services
Your purchase will be made via Apple iTunes account, Google Play account or other authorised payment methods. We do not collect any financial or billing information from you in relation to such a transaction. Please review the relevant terms and notices in respect of the handling of such data. So that we can credit your account with the correct value in Golds, Diamonds and Subscribed Services, we keep a record of the purchases you make, the time at which you make those purchases and the amount spent. If you buy Golds or Diamonds via in-app purchases, please note the provisions of our Virtual Items Policy.
2. How we use your information
We use your information to fulfill and enforce our Terms of Service, to improve and administer the Platform, and to allow you to use its functionalities. We may also use your information to show you suggestions.
We generally use the information we collect:
- to fulfill requests for products, services, Platform functionality, support and information for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes and to solicit your feedback
- to customize the content you see when you use the Platform. For example, we may provide you with services based on the country settings you have chosen or show you content that is similar to content that you liked or interacted with
- to improve and develop our Platform and conduct product development
- to help us detect abuse, fraud, and illegal activity on the Platform
- to ensure that you are old enough to use the Platform (as required by law)
- to communicate with you, including to notify you about changes in our services
- to announce you as a winner of our contest, sweepstakes, or promotions if permitted by the promotion rule, and to send you any applicable prizes
- to enforce our terms, conditions, and policies
- to inform our algorithms
- to combine all the information, we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes
- for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
3. How we share your information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect. We will share your information with the following selected third parties:
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us perform our business operations, including research, payment processing and transaction fulfillment, database maintenance, contest administration, technology services, deliveries, analytics, data storage and hosting, disaster recovery, search engine optimization, marketing, and data processing.
- Legal purposes.We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Yalla Technology, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Twitter, to login to the Platform or to share information about your usage on the Platform with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Platform, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Platform, in accordance with their privacy policies.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Platform, you should be aware that any information you share may be read, collected, or used by other users. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while engaging. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit.
4. Your Rights
You may submit a request to access or delete the information we have collected about you by sending your request to us at the email or physical address provided in the Contact section at the bottom of this policy. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law and subject to proper verification. And we do not discriminate based on the exercise of any privacy rights that you might have.
5. Your Choices
- You may be able to refuse or disable Cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Because each browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your browser. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of Cookies. For example, due to differences in how browsers and mobile apps function, you may need to take different steps to opt out of Cookies used for targeted advertising in a browser and to opt out of targeted advertising for a mobile application, which you may control through your device settings or mobile app permissions. In addition, your opt-out selection is specific to the particular browser or device that you are using when you opt out, so you may need to opt-out separately for each of browser or device. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete Cookies, some of the functionality of the Platform may no longer be available to you.Without this information, we are not able to provide you with all the requested services, and any differences in services are related to your information.
- If you have registered for an account you may access, review, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using available features and functionalities.
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
The Platform is not directed at children under the age of 13. If we become aware that personal information has been collected on the Platform from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information and terminate the person’s account. If you believe that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13 on the Platform, please contact us at [email protected]
8. California Residents
If you are a California resident, once a calendar year, you may be entitled to obtain information about personal information that we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information, as well as the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to [email protected].
Users of the Platform who are California residents and are under 18 years of age may request and obtain removal of User Content they posted by emailing us at [email protected]. All requests must be labeled “California Removal Request” on the email subject line. All requests must provide a description of the User Content you want removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that User Content. We do not accept California Removal Requests via postal mail, telephone, or facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, and we may not be able to respond if you do not provide adequate information. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the material. For example, materials that you have posted may be republished or reposted by another user or third party.
10. Where we store your personal data
The personal data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at cloud server in Germany.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to:
- VINHOPE INVESTMENT CO.LTD. Address: Alley 103, Ly Son Street, Ngoc Thuy Ward, Long Bien District, Hanoi City, Viet Nam